Welcome to Botev Apartment: the preferred place to stay at the heart of Sofia.
How do I reach the apartment from the Airport?
From Terminal 2 of the airport, you should take the metro for 12 stops and get off at Serdika station. There get out from the exit towards “Knjaz Boris I” str., which is on your right. Once in the subway, take the right exit again. When you get out in the open, you should see the tall building of the catholic church straight in front of you. Then you have to walk to the apartment 5-7 min., map link: https://goo.gl/maps/1ne3FGJzoGx7wv9GA
- If you arrive at Terminal 1, you need to take the free shuttle bus to Terminal 2.
- You can buy a ticket for the metro directly with your bank card pointing it to the ticket terminals in the metro wagons.
Where can I change money?
There are two currency change shops next to the apartment. They are:
- bul. Hristo Botev 106, map link: https://goo.gl/maps/EANzjudeXN1rBfHi8
- bul Hristo Botev 115, map link: https://goo.gl/maps/9p5k8je8Fzd7chKU9
Where can I find grocery stores?
The biggest grocery store, which also offers cooked take-away meals and a rich choice of fruits and vegetables is Pro Market, located at bul. “Hristo Botev” 131, map link: https://goo.gl/maps/JtQ723PLq3ACvayW7
A smaller grocery store with everything you need and open 24/7 is BM Market, located at bul. “Hristo Botev” 106, map link https://goo.gl/maps/xAJYN77C8Y8iv1pz6
Women’s market offers a huge choice of fruits and vegetables as well. Aim for mid-price offerings. You can find nice bistros that serve cooked food there as well, map link: https://goo.gl/maps/i9PDzDs7Zr2krdPcA
Which taxi company do you recommend?
I usually use OK Super Trans, website here: https://www.oktaxi.net/index_en.php You can pre-order a taxi hours ahead. Their phone is +359 2 973 21 21
Guests use the app TaxiMe, which is similar to Uber, which was banned in Bulgaria. Download the app from:
- App Store: https://apps.apple.com/bg/app/taxime-client/id744137021
- Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.taxime.client
Is there a traditional restaurant that you recommend?
A traditional Bulgarian restaurant, recommended by guests is Hadjidraganov’s Houses Restaurant: https://www.kashtite.com/en
Currently I can’t give a recommendation for a traditional pub near the apartment. Vitoshka street boasts a lot of dining places, frequently visited by guests: https://goo.gl/maps/yKuVsxzcdCvNrU2k8
I have a late flight, do you offer luggage storage?
We allow our guests to check-out as late as possible free of charge. Usually the apartment is fully booked and a new guest is expected, so the available late check-out time depends on their check-in time.
Close to the apartment is located a luggage storage office. The address is “Knjaz Boris I” str. 121. Link on Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/84tXoyKsEynk9Hbk6
The storage service offers storage boxes M, L and XL where you can store as many of your luggage as you can fit. The prices for one day are:
- M – 5 lv.
- L – 10 lv.
- XL – 18 lv.
One day means their usual working time, which is from 10 – 18 o’clock. An extra service is available to pick up the luggage up to 4 hours before/after the official work time. The price depends on the time span and ranges from 10 lv. – 20 lv.
Their telephone is: +359 888 44 22 21
I come with a car. Where can I park it?
The streets around the apartment are a paid parking zone: blue (more expensive) and green:
The parking rules are:
- 2 leva per hour
- max 2 hours of parking in one place
- payment through SMS on short number 1302 only from a Bulgarian mobile phone
- work time from 8:30 to 20:00 Mo – St
- 1 leva per hour
- max 4 hours of parking in one place
- payment through SMS on short number 1303 only from a Bulgarian mobile phone
- work time 8:30 to 19:30 Mo – Fr, 10 – 18 St
Payment is also possible through:
- a message on Viber to the chat bot : https://chats.viber.com/cgm-bot
- the mobile app Urbo
- with parking talons, which are available in the apartment. The talon must be placed at the steering wheel of the car.